Are you a high school student looking to fulfill your OSSD volunteer hours requirement? Are you a hardworking professional caught in the daily grind of life who is looking for meaningful ways to give back to your community? Are you a retiree who is looking for a fulfilling way to fill your free time? At Community Living North Halton, we encourage people from all walks of life to come volunteer with us and make a difference in someone else’s life.
Why Volunteer with CLNH?
- Make a positive difference in the life of someone living with a developmental disability
- Give back to your community and break down barriers faced by people with developmental disabilities
- Gain valuable experience to put on your resume
- Build a network of contacts and references for future career opportunities
- Enhance your own personal growth by meeting new people and gaining life-changing experiences
- Have fun!
What Volunteers Opportunities are Available?
- Leisure Services: Assist children, teens or young adults with leisure and social activities at program site
- Weekly Drop-In Centre: A relaxed social setting where adults gather together for friendship and activities
Community Friends Program
- Share an outing with someone; go for a movie, a coffee, a walk etc. and build a connection and a friendship
Life Skills Volunteering
- Provide assistance with life skills and pastimes such as cooking, sewing, gardening, crafts etc.
Fundraising and Event Volunteering
- Meet new people and help organize special events in your community using your unique skills and abilities
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- If you have a special skill, gift, or project that you would like to share with us please let us know and we can create a unique volunteering plan for you